The application for October April 2014 intake in the field of water cycle data integration researches starts from 13 June 2014
Application information for River and Environmental Engineering studies, October 2014 intake, with scholarship by the endowed chair “Water Cycle data Integrator (WCI)”, Department of Civil Engineering
Foreign Student Office (Civil FSO), Department of Civil Engineering
Financial support period :
October 2014 ~ September 2017 (3 years)
Number to be Admitted:
Water cycle data integration studies
Coverage of the scholarship:
– Full tuition fees
– A monthly subsistence and housing allowance
– An allowance for books and instructional materials
– Medical insurance
– Round-trip air ticket
Selection Process and Schedule:
13 June Application starts
23 June Deadline for application: All application submissions must be postmarked no later than this date.
the middle of July Final results will be announced by e-mail.
A set of complete application documents:
1) Application form (the Civil Engineering specific format)
2) Two recommendation letters (the Civil Engineering specific format) – Each should be in the sealed envelope.
3) Statement of Purpose
4) Summary of your academic work
5) Certified Academic Records
6) Diploma certificate
7) English Proficiency certificate
All enquiries and application documents are to be addressed to:
Foreign Student Office (Civil FSO)
Department of Civil Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, the University of Tokyo 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, 113-8656, JAPAN
e-mail: email@example.com Eligibility Requirements:
The following students are eligible to apply.
The applicant must satisfy all the eligibility requirements as mentioned below as Articles (1) to (5).
1. A foreign national who is not a permanent resident of Japan.
2. A foreign national who is not currently residing in Japan.
3. Individuals with the linguistic skills required to take classes and receive research guidance in English.
4. Individuals with the nationality of a country which has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government.
5. Those who have completed, or are expected to complete, 18 years of school education by 30th September, 2014, upon completion of their Master’s or equivalent degree.
* Certified proof must be provided if the educational curriculum in the applicant’s country requires less than 16 years for completion of a Bachelor’s degree, or less than 18 years for completion of a Master’s degree, or their equivalents.